Friday, December 20, 2013

The Trap by Andrew Fukuda

Release Date: Out now!

Publisher: Simon & Schuster

Pages: 320pgs

The Story

The thrilling finale to Fukuda's vampire trilogy.

After barely escaping the Mission alive, Gene and Sissy face an impossible task: staying alive long enough to stop an entire world bent on their destruction. Bound on a train heading into the unknown with the surviving Mission girls, Gene, Sissy, David, and Epap must stick together and use everything they have to protect each other and their only hope: the cure that will turn the blood-thirsty creatures around them into humans again. Now that they know how to reverse the virus, Gene and Sissy have one final chance to save those they love and create a better life for themselves. But as they struggle to get there, Gene's mission sets him on a crash course with Ashley June, his first love . . . and his deadliest enemy.

The Review

A big thanks to the publisher Simon & Schuster Australia for providing me with a review copy of this book!

Bravo, Andrew Fukuda. Bravo. I applaud you for this book. Now while the first book in The Hunt series didn't appeal to me all so much, but once I read its sequel (pretty quickly too mind you), everything in this series changed for me and I just couldn't wait to read this final book because it's just . . . simply . . . awesome and I needed to know what was going to happen to our favourite characters. And boy the author sure didn't disappoint his readers and certainly not me.

THE TRAP, the third and final instalment in the trilogy, is everything you want in a final book and most importantly I found the author never held back from well . . . anything really. It almost felt like he wanted to make this book the most shocking and plot-twisted one out of all three books and he should definitely take some credit for that because this book went all out there for readers and Fukuda rarely written a boring moment in this book . . . it was just so fast-paced which made me even more invested with the storyline.

In terms of the characters, I have to say Gene and Sissy are my favourites out of everyone. While we do eventually get to see Ashley June again - Gene's first love interest from book one - but let's just say I never cared for that girl (hated her actually) but thankfully Sissy - another love interest who was introduced in book two - was what made this book and Gene himself stand out so much more. Sissy, despite her funny name, is my absolute favourite character in this entire book and I think if it wasn't for her character, Gene would have given up his quest long ago and he almost did in this book. She just continually challenges and pushes him forward again and again, and ultimately makes him live for something despite their dire circumstances made of nightmares (at least that's the vibe I always got from her character) which is what I've always loved about Sissy. She never gives up. She believes there's something else out there . . . which makes herself and Gene move on and push forward. Gene, of course, is a great character and I've slowly come around to liking him a lot, but yeah, Sissy was great in this book and made Gene an even more likeable character when they worked together. Just loved those two right until the end.

Overall, THE TRAP had a brilliant conclusion and I really couldn't have asked for more from this final book, so make sure you pick up this book when you have a chance to! It's definitely worth a read and it's full of so many great things!

The Rating
4 1/2 / 5 stars

2 comments:

  1. Great review it sounds like this series got pretty good. I didn't enjoy book 1 very much so I never continued with the series but it sounds like the fans are really enjoying it. Nothing is better than a satisfying ending to a trilogy! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah, for me the first book didn't do too much for me but I still decided to continue the series and surprisingly . . . I liked books 2 and 3!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...